FW: [Buddha-l] Re: Republicans are Happier?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Feb 24 09:50:38 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/23/2008 10:22:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jkirk at spro.net writes:

My view  as well, based on what I've read about issues in gathering
information via  questionnaires, in constructing questionnaires, and so on.
This is why I  couldn't consider any so-called "happiness" survey, including
the Pew  survey under discussion, reliable.
===
Dan Gilbert, the Harvard psychology professor, has written extensively on
happiness. His book Stumbling on Happiness has lots of footnotes on
methodology and addresses the problem of how to determine if a person is
really  happy.

I have read of studies using brain waves to get at the true feeling under
the gloss people put  on them.

Jack
========

Not only brain waves to provide data--but some trainers can teach people how
to produce the happiness brain waves--if this is only folklore, please
advise :-) Reminds me of studies of monk brains when they're in deep
samadhi.

Joanna

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
6:39 PM