[Buddha-l] Question for acedemic teachers of Buddhism

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Jun 24 21:52:45 MDT 2008

>"between all the naughty bits and the great speeches by Satan
it's almost enough to give Puritanism a good name."  neat thought
there...........

Ah yes.. and I wonder if NY state by now has no-fault
divorce--when I was divorcing for the third time back in the day
it was fault-- I made up a story to take the blame because my
green-card husband wouldn't. If I had moved back to VT before
divorcing, we'd have been fine.
Milton's first wife was a seventeen year old (he was
thirty-three)--she quickly went home to Papa, who owed Milton
some money. That struck me, in the article, as leaving a lot
unsaid.

In childhood everything is black or white--the benefit of years
is learning that we are all sinners and to recognize that nobody
and nothing is perfect, that perfection (truth) doesn't exist in
this world.
Apparently this year a large number of new books on Milton are
out or coming out. It might take a year to read the really good
ones.

Joanna