[Buddha-l] Questions

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 11:48:09 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/25/2008 11:39:09 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
rhayes at unm.edu writes:

As I  understand what I was saying (which reflects my understanding of
what Jung  and the Dalai Lama were saying), the point is not that one
should never  acquire anything new, but that one should be careful not to
abandon what  one had as a child.
===
Thich Nhat Hanh says something like this also. But, the slant I took from
both TNH and the Dalai Lama was 1) the religion one was raised in  probably had
everything in it that they needed, and 2) they have to make peace  with their
upbringing. They might have said it but I have not heard either say  that we
shouldn't abandon what one had as a child.

Jack