[Buddha-l] Question for academic teachers of Buddhism

Vera, Pedro L. pvera at health.usf.edu
Fri Jun 27 10:47:36 MDT 2008

Chris Finn wrote:

>What puzzled him was th attitude of western dharma students whom he saw
>as not being fully committed to one thing or the other. He thought this
>attitude would inevitably result in a person succeeding neither
>spiritually nor materially. I suspect this way of looking at things may
be fairly ingrained in traditional Asian Buddhist cultures -....

It may be that his way of looking at this is ingrained, but is he right? This is not an off-hand question. The older I get the less likely I think I will be successful in multiple areas. So, does this particular Tibetan teacher have a point about being split into too many directions?

Regards,
Pedro