[Buddha-l] Questions

Chan Fu chanfu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:25:00 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Richard Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 21:15 -0400, Curt Steinmetz wrote:
>
>> With some exceptions: Genesis is interesting, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Job - and
>> the stuff attributed to Solomon - and also the Book of Revelations.
>
> I read the Book of Revelations a couple of weeks ago. (After reading
> Genesis, I couldn't wait to see how the Bible ended.) It was interesting
> in about the same way that being run over by a bus is interesting.
>
> All my life I have been opposed to book burning. I'm rethinking my
> position.

I got a new woodstove last year. Since then, both my church attendance
and my stays at Marriott hotels have increased. The stove seems to prefer
hymnals. I use one of those 25lb rice bags - carefully unthread the top and the
carry-handles are perfect. they hold about 10 copies (which is about all the
rooms you can get into for the $39.95 Late Arrival Special) and the Mexican
cleaning ladies think you're the guy delivering Asian takeout.

If your Spanish is a bit better and more correctly regional, you can just park a
pickup truck in the back at noon, and go have a beer while The Ladies Of The Day
fill it up for the same 40 bux.

There's also your local Thai Temple - which has not only oodles of flammable
material (usually the babblings of Really Ugly Old Guys), but free lunch. Taking
a well-disciplined scout troupe to one can yield nearly 50,000 BTU of
toe-warming material that has no other use in the entire world.

Stock up now - buy more bookselves!  Oh... that was "shelves"...