[Buddha-l] Impermanence

Robert Leverant roblev at sonic.net
Wed Mar 5 09:55:39 MST 2008

I came across this quote from H.H. The Dalai Lama from a public talk in the
U.S. several years ago, perhaps one in Los Angeles or the Bay Area that I
had attended. The source of this quote I didn't write down. "All things are
transient," concluded His Holiness suddenly, and there came a great silence.
He rocked back and forth on his cushion. "Things change moment to moment,
things are impermanent. We worry over the past,  we anticipate the future,
and we barely perceive a shred of the passing moment. But all of us of every
faith tradition possess the possibility of pure light, is that not so? The
question of who we are is very much open."