[Buddha-l] The course of Nature

John Willemsens advaya at euronet.nl
Mon May 26 04:39:21 MDT 2008

> oops.
>
>> Thank you, and one last question to you please, Dan.
>> Do you understand this Dharma as dynamic, as an ongoing something, a
>> process?
>> John Willemsens.
>
> Dharma signifies Buddha's teachings. As one studies and progresses on the
> path, one is ongoing, and engaged in a process. Dharma is treated as a
> term
> in various ways. In one sense it is constant and invariant, since many
> Buddhist texts state that even if a Buddha never discovered and revealed
> it
> to others, it would still be the case. On the other hand, when Buddha
> attains enlightenment, he "turns" the Dharma-wheel, putting it in motion.
> Some texts elevate some notion of Dharma to a virtual cosmological status,
> such that Dharma upholds (dhaara,na; adhaara) the cosmos. Buddha said that
> those who know my Dharma know me, so eventually Buddha himself is given a
> cosmic form as a Dharma-body.
>
> Are you looking for a Heraclitus of the East?
>
> Dan

Thank you, Dan.
No, I am working on the concept of the Fourth Sign of Being in our
Advayavada form of Buddhism, whether it is identical or not to the (overall)
course of Nature as understood by others, particularly by other Buddhists.
We have already said on our website that "Because, in other words, the
dharma of the part is not different from the Dharma of the whole, the
Buddha's Middle Way in its dynamic Eightfold Path form must be understood as
an ongoing reflexion at the level of our personal lives of overall existence
becoming over time." This is in fact our basic, standard understanding,
indeed main tenet from the start.
John Willemsens.
http://www.euronet.nl/~advaya/index.htm