[Buddha-l] Ahh, fame

Bshmr at aol.com Bshmr at aol.com
Mon May 26 09:15:00 MDT 2008

Virtual, not literal, Denizens of buddha-l,

For years, I have been receiving a buddhist inspirational email daily from
BeliefNet. Each includes a promoted discussion topic as well as a promoted
'feature' which occasionally teases me to visit.  By the way, nowadays, the  site
is being transformed into the 'fresh' fantasy of rising entrepreneurs --
that is, it is exhibiting impermanence.

Over the weekend, I scanned a thread in a Dharma/Dhamma section in the
BeliefNet Community. It seemed more of a 'comparative religion debate' piece;  the
primary participant seemed pontifical as well as adversarial. ... Anyway, I
popped off a brief dismissal, which was answered with additional expounding
ended with a quoted reference to a denizen of buddha-l. "Damn." What else is
there to say, about that recognition?

Other than that, are there any, especially you academics, with aliases  or
with hidden web-lives that I should know about? <(-:{

Richard Basham

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.