[Buddha-l] Ahh, fame

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon May 26 10:20:05 MDT 2008

"We" (but not I) are all over the place :)

Joanna

Virtual, not literal, Denizens of buddha-l,

For years, I have been receiving a buddhist inspirational email
daily from BeliefNet. Each includes a promoted discussion topic
as well as a promoted 'feature' which occasionally teases me to
visit.  By the way, nowadays, the  site is being transformed into
the 'fresh' fantasy of rising entrepreneurs -- that is, it is
exhibiting impermanence.

Over the weekend, I scanned a thread in a Dharma/Dhamma section
in the BeliefNet Community. It seemed more of a 'comparative
religion debate' piece;  the primary participant seemed
pontifical as well as adversarial. ... Anyway, I popped off a
brief dismissal, which was answered with additional expounding
ended with a quoted reference to a denizen of buddha-l. "Damn."
What else is there to say, about that recognition?

Other than that, are there any, especially you academics, with
aliases  or with hidden web-lives that I should know about? <(-:{

Richard Basham

**************Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch
"Cooking with
Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.