[Buddha-l] Sharon Stone and Karma

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Wed May 28 19:30:26 MDT 2008

Such things as death, dismemberment, etc, simply don't matter to a
Buddha anyway (or at least they certainly shouldn't). But one thing that
*does* matter, probably, is enlightenment itself. And there is a story
about a Buddha named Daitsu Chiso who was unable to attain enlightenment
for 10 kalpas! Being a dead Buddha is no big deal. Being an
unenlightened Budda, however, could be quite embarrassing, or so I would
imagine.

Daitsu Chiso is also known as Mahabhijna Jnanabhibhu. His plight is
taken up in case #9 of the Mumonkan.

Curt Steinmetz