[Buddha-l] The Toulmiin link and sharing the joke

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Aug 6 11:41:24 MDT 2009

On Aug 6, 2009, at 9:06 AM, R B Basham wrote:

> Thus, it is possible that 'your' view of a HTML Page differs from 'my'
> view as well as both differing from "Dan's" view.

Not only that, but since the Internet is essentially a Buddhist
entity, it is constantly changing. Stay on a page long enough, and
you'll often notice the advertisements changing, so even 'my' view
differs from 'my' view.

Rebellious non-conformist that I try without success to be, I much
prefer the search engine at http://ixquick.com/ to Dr Google. Ixquick
doesn't save data on people doing searches, which means a) that it
does not make assumptions on what you are interested in, and b) it has
no data to give the Department of Homeland Security when it comes
sniffing around wanting to know how many people who search for Quaker
websites are also searching for information on how to use a cell phone
to detonate a home-made bomb on a locker in the Pittsburgh Greyhound
Bus Station.

Richard