[Buddha-l] Enlightenment vs The Enlightenment

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sat Aug 8 10:52:00 MDT 2009

--- On Fri, 7/8/09, jkirk <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:

> One can still attack the mumbo jumbo of politicians,
> deconstructionists and "spirituals" of various sorts (always of
course
> remembering to relate it to the main topic of the list), but
even
> doing that has provoked in the past some sharp protest.

The list produces sharp protest even without provocation!

I think the reason that Buddhists and scholars alike react
against heterodoxy can, extending Schopen's argument about the
monastics, be boiled down to *control of resources*.

Regards
Jayarava
Ah yes, turf protection. Ubiquitous, isn't it. The old
Pleistocene animal at work.

JK