[Buddha-l] Fast Mindfulness?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Aug 11 13:36:08 MDT 2009

On Aug 11, 2009, at 1:13 PM, Katherine Masis wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Katherine Masis wrote:
>
>> One  can do things mindifully fast. :-)

> Actually, Ben said that, not me.

Yes, but you get the credit for drawing attention to the typo in what
Benito wrote. I read his message so fast that I was not mindful of the
deliciously ironic typo. That I failed to see it pretty much proves to
my satisfaction that fast mindfulness is a hazardous course to try to
follow.

>   I'd fail miserably at fast mindfulness--and at detecting
> mistakkess fasstt as whell.

It must be admitted in my own case that I am almost as careless when I
do things slowly as when I do them quickly. So perhaps the best policy
is to make mistakes really quickly and get them over with so one can
take a long siesta.

Rihcrad