[Buddha-l] Fsat Mnifdlunses?

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Wed Aug 12 05:47:42 MDT 2009

Dan Lusthaus <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> writes

"And what misguided doxographer told you that Yogacara equates
vijnapti-matra with "ultimate nature" (whatever the blazes that might
mean)?"

I understood that Yogacara considered all phenomena to be "of the nature
of mind". I have little idea of what that means even though I said it. I
guess I need to read your book!

I wrote:
"If one appreciates that absorption in one's interpretations is only
through ignorance, then one begins to sound less like a Yogacarin."

"Au contraire, then one sounds EXACTLY like a Yogacara."

Now I am more confused! Could you explain? I read this as saying that an
appreciation of one's ignorance makes one a Yogacara?

--
Metta
Mike Austin