[Buddha-l] Fsat Mnifdlunses?

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Thu Aug 13 12:28:34 MDT 2009

Dan Lusthaus <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> writes

What is this "it" that you believe you are separated from?

I think you missed my point. I said the "it" word but I tried to clarify
what I meant.  In short, I am not wise. I am separated from wisdom. Thus
I am also separated from reality observed by wisdom and my actions still
result in dukkha.

"Have you seen it, touched it, had clearer mental moments when it danced
naked in front of you?"

I don't go to those places anymore.

"Is this reality you don't yet know something to be learned, or
something you've already learned?"

I have yet to be wise, but I have been less wise than I am now.

Where in that do the words "separating" or "agent" appear?

Were I to use only the words that you use, we would have no discussion.

I said:
"Has the word 'apprehension' been used consistently here?"
You said:
"Yes. It is a faithful rendering of upalabdhi."

It still appears to me that you may have been using it first one way and
then another way, so this is something I need to sort out for myself.

"[Now you can try to find upalabdhi in the parallel quote]"

Or parallel universe? I think I need to study some of these things a bit
more because I am not familiar with the terminology.  It appears to be a
case of "Resistance is futile."

--
Metta
Mike Austin