[Buddha-l] Fsat Mnifdlunses?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Aug 14 20:36:55 MDT 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 8:00 PM, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> Setting the record straight is apparently not part of being a
> progressive
> 21st c Western Buddhist.

The principal project of Buddhism is to eliminate eliminable forms of
duḥkha. Somewhat higher on my agenda these days than worrying about
what labels to put on Vasubandhu is writing to America's senators to
urge them 1) to abandon the expensive and dysfunctional profit-driven
health-care system in the USA and to replace it with something an
Ontarian or a Québecois might approve, 2) to pull all troops out of
Iraq and Afghanistan and to close every American base that is not on
American soil, 3) to dismantle every nuclear warhead that the USA has
ever built, 4) to make it impossible for any state to use the death
penalty, and 5) to impose a tax of $10 per gallon of gasoline to
encourage Americans to rediscover walking and bicycling. (You see, I
love my country to much that I want to help it become part of the the
civilized world.)

Richard