[Buddha-l] The state of buddha-l: a brief report

R B Basham bshmr at aol.com
Sun Aug 16 10:06:43 MDT 2009

Denizens and Non-s,

>>Richard Hayes; Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:11:21 -0600:
If you want scholarly debates, fans, enroll on H-BUDDHISM. This is
buddha-l.  ... Well, so much for rowdy low-brow entertainment. Let me
report on what's going on in the rarefied atmosphere of the scholarly
lists,  where real minds are at work on issues of monumental importance
to us all. ....

>Dan Lusthaus; Sat, 15 Aug 2009 21:19:59 -0400:
In an effort to demonstrate how silly academics are, compared to
buddha-l's high-decorum antics, Richard proposed to give you a sampling
from the list Indology, which, like its name suggests, is concerned with
matters having to do with India. ...

Thank you. I learn so much about argumentation, incomprehension, and
Philadelphia, or is it Boston, logic from postings here.

Aside, I vacillate about improving my writing but I digress as that is
irrelevant in the immediate context.

OTT:

>jkirk; Sat, 15 Aug 2009 13:46:11 -0600: on the Subject: Re: [Buddha-l]
Health care plans, as envisionsed by Buddhists --
"Still two-eyed after all these years, " What? No Richard, we all know
that you are really three-eyed.

Hm-mm-m, I didn't suspect that HE (the wealthy, respected Richard) could
see from his stomach. Or, were you talking figuratively and symbolically
as in the Asian traditions?

Richard Basham