[Buddha-l] karma offset?

Jayarava jayarava at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 02:02:19 MDT 2009

--- On Mon, 17/8/09, Alex Wilding <alex at chagchen.org> wrote:

> Unremarkably, that is wrong. Like any statement I've ever
> seen, it *does* depend on the context.

So you believe that saying a mantra can offset the environmental damage caused by cars. Chalk one up for superstition.

> O BTW did you ever decide what you mean by "ordained"?

Alex. I've always known what I mean by ordained. It's other people that seem confused.

> Personally I came to see that it depends on the context: conventional
> Buddhist, FWBO, non-Buddhist, all represent different contexts and give
> the term different meanings.

Well yes, but this is to deny the general usage of the word. The context changes the connotation but not the denotation.

Jayarava