[Buddha-l] Volume 54 Issue 52

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 21 03:49:23 MDT 2009

S.A. Feite schreef:
> On Aug 20, 2009, at 1:21 PM, Jackhat1 at aol.com wrote:
>

>> The book Destructive Emotions by Daniel Goleman  is compilation of a
>> series
>> of talks and interactions of a group of  neuroscientists and The Dalai
>> Lama. If I remember correctly Davidson was a  member of the group.
>>

> That's right. A good read, Goleman weaves the story so you experience
> it as a sense of discovery with the group at one of the 'invitation
> only' Mind and Life conferences held at the Dalai Lamas residence in
> Dharamsala.

I can see why D. fix-your-emotions Goleman plays the
I-wash-your-back-and-you-wash-mine game with HHDL. The Tibetan doctrine
of  compulsory compassion in order to get enlightened and become happy
yourself has the same hypocrisy and logical flaw as his theory of
destructive emotions. Not by accident, because both are besed on
abhidharma metaphysics.

erik