[Buddha-l] Sayonara

Dayamati rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Aug 21 10:06:12 MDT 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 2:09 AM, Jayarava wrote:

> The last straw was Richard deciding to vote republican, although I
> also think his characterisation of Buddha-L last week had some
> salutary truth in it.

My decision to support the Republicans stems from my conviction that
what my country needs now is Law and Ordination.

Be well, Mr Rava. And give some thought to the fact that when Japanese
people think they'll see each other again, they say "de wa mata," not
"sayonara." (The latter means something like "it comes to this" and
has an alarming ring of finality to it.)

de wa mata, tot ziens, à la prochaine, hasta leugo and see you later
Alley Gator,

Dayāmati