[Buddha-l] HHDL vigil

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 23:22:26 MDT 2009

We're all waiting for something, I guess.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/26/world/asia/26dalailama.html?_r=1&hp

An insightful psychologist once said that, psychologically, the difference
between mice and humans is, if you put a piece of cheese in a maze, and let
a mouse find it, and then move the cheese, the mouse may go up and down the
same corridors a few times looking for that cheese in its expected place,
but it soon starts looking in other corridors for cheese. If you do the same
experiment with humans, once you move the cheese, they will sit at the place
they last saw cheese and wait for it to return -- in effect, they will
starve to death.

Dan