[Buddha-l] Phado and Buddhism

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Fri Feb 6 17:38:46 MST 2009

But you were talking about there being "profound differences" between
the two passages, differences known to the initiated and/or those
innately wise, and those who have eyes to see these differences gain
surcease of sorrow or something like that - no, wait, it was some kind
of immunity.

I have always liked the immunity metaphor. Exposure to bits and pieces
of a dead form of a once living organism makes one unresponsive to any
future exposure to the live forms of the same organism. This is the
basis for the treatment of religion and philosophy in the modern Academy.

Curt