[Buddha-l] Jung and Dignaga

Vicente Gonzalez vicen.bcn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 04:30:24 MST 2009

Dan wrote:

DL> I agree that we agree. Where some disagreement might still remain is that I
DL> think (1) the new racialization of old prejudices was more a case of putting
DL> old wine in new bottles than of devising something entirely novel, and (2)
DL> that one reviews these historical cases to not only see and recognize what
DL> was "among them, in them," but to correct such problems in the present for
DL> the future. Admitting their faults for what they were, not dissolving them
DL> into the collective unconscious of their times. Such correction begins, I
DL> believe, in acknowledging them for what they were, not lowering our
DL> expectations of what they should have been capable of back then.

always is impossible be inside the mind of Jung or any other.
His position was, in the worse case, ambiguous. For sure is a good
thing preserve the knowledge of the Jung flirtations with that regime
but I don't think it can be enough to demonize him, specially if one
agree in the defence of the purposes that you writes. From what I
know, the practical Jung's legacy today applied by psychoanalysts is
not racist or anti-semitic.

best regards,