[Buddha-l] The drug wars and Buddhism? Vancouver, BC

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Jul 1 07:56:36 MDT 2009

--- On Tue, 30/6/09, jkirk <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:

> It is known for its Asian mystic-themed motto of "Honor-Loyalty-
> Respect," created by Roueche, who has a passion for martial arts and
> Buddhism."
>
> Huh?

I might add that having subsequently become a Buddhist I have found no evidence what-so-ever in Buddhist texts to support the idea that Buddhists secretly enjoyed a good punch up. I think the whole thing was a legitimisation myth, kind of like the King Arthur story, for what we would now call terrorist organisations engaged in insurgency.

Maṅgalam
Jayarava

"I think the whole thing was a legitimisation myth, kind of like the King Arthur story, for what we would now call terrorist organisations engaged in insurgency."
That last phrase describes the druggies perfectly. Too bad they aren't included with the so-called war on terror.

Joanna