[Buddha-l] Aung San Suu Kyi and the latest Burmese prosecutions

Kdorje at aol.com Kdorje at aol.com
Wed May 20 14:29:40 MDT 2009

In a message dated 5/20/2009 3:52:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
info at bcarral.org writes:

On  Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 20:21, Richard wrote:

> Zen  is  irrational authoritarianism from beginning to
> end.

Do you have any reason to believe in that way? Or do
you expect that we  believe you just becasue you say so?

> What  makes   Zen  masters masters is nothing more and
> nothing  less than  the fact that there are people who
> are willing to submit to their  power.

I'm  afraid  that  I'm repeating  myself. Do you have
any  reason  to  believe  in that  way? Or do you expect
that we believe you just becasue you say  so?

It  would  be  nice  if you  provided some reasons to
your claims.

Best  wishes,

Ben (Oviedo, Asturias,  Spain)

There is a simple solution to your question: let the membership of this
mailing list decide whether Zen is irrational authoritarianism.  The vote
could require a simple majority, a plurality, a 2/3  majority, or a unanimous
consensus could be required, with dissenters allowed to  abstain, on or off
the record. I think that's democratic. Don't you?

Just a thought.

Best  wishes,

Konchog Dorje

**************Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dell’s