[Buddha-l] Society

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Wed May 20 16:31:29 MDT 2009

It's a great little novel - basically a well-controlled but withering
tirade against "bourgeois" society. The protagonist is based on Orwell,
more or less how he feared he could have turned out had he not been
successful, that is, commercially successful, as a writer. The result is
someone brilliantly creative, but also embittered and paranoid, and at
the same time totally and accurately aware of the truth of the society
he lived in, if a bit melodramatic in his darker moments.

Curt