[Buddha-l] Buddhist Light Bulb Jokes

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Sep 22 05:03:16 MDT 2009

On Sep 22, 2009, at 4:56 AM, Bill Kish wrote:

> FYI, the incompatibility between the Hayes and Lusthaus modules
> that has plagued the Community Edition for so many years now also
> exists in the Professional Edition.  They tell me its a "feature"
> - sigh.

It should be borne in mind that robust disagreement is at the very
heart of all Buddhist practice. To have any version of buddha-l
without such disagreement would require renaming the program something
like pussyfoot-l.

> Even so, it is well worth the price. Endless hours of
> riveting discussion on the finer points of Buddhadharma, and a
> vastly improved anti-prapanca engine as well !

Unfortunately, our software engineers have still not figured out a way
to keep either the Community Edition or the Professional Edition
(which costs twice as much) from pulling the legs of subscribers. But
then pulling legs, being a form of compassion, is also at the heart of
Buddhist practice.

The moderators