[Buddha-l] on not-dwelling mind (Dan Lusthaus)

Mitchell Ginsberg jinavamsa at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 11:13:38 MDT 2010

Hello all,

And thanks Dan. Your reply was most helpful! I have gone to the link and seen the citations.

I think though that you overestimate some others' abilities (such as those I possess) to do searches in such areas of information. I did do several google searches with the four characters in question and in combination with various other phrases, but did not come to any of the key sites you cite. So I appreciate your giving these results here. The only glitch for me personally is that both Chinese characters and romanizations from the Sanskrit that use extended ASCii show up as "?". And there are lots of "?"s ... But a mere minor glitch, given the overall information I did receive intact.

If by the way the phrase is not read as a NP (noun phrase), what other readings might there be?
And are the options limited to its being taken to be a NP or a S (complete sentence)? Or are there other possibilities?
The "?"s in this paragraph are actual question marks, of course! ;o)

Mitchell
Homepage (updated April 4, 2010): http://jinavamsa.com
See also http://jinavamsa.com/mentalhealth.html