[Buddha-l] seeking a history of the origins of karma, reincarnation, samsara

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Thu Apr 22 17:51:37 MDT 2010

Just look at the price for this book, on amazon, pub. in 2009:

What the Buddha Thought (OXFORD CENTRE FOR BUDDHIST STUDIES
MONOGRAPHS) (Hardcover) ~ Richard Gombrich (Author)
  List Price: $95.00
Price: $79.22 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver
Shipping.

Like other 2009 books I shan't be able to get this one on ILL
unless I pay to play, because that is what academic libraries are
doing these days. Eventually it'll turn up in some non-academic
library and then maybe I can get it on loan, but I sure cannot
afford the price as it is now.

Joanna

>  ...this question's inspired by my reading of Richard
Gombrich's engaging /How Buddhism Began/.

Barnaby, Gombrich continues his examination of the origins of
these teachings in his latest, _WHAT THE BUDDHA THOUGHT_.

Brad

Dr. Bradley Clough
The University of Montana bradley.clough at mso.umt.edu