[Buddha-l] seeking a history of the origins of karma, reincarnation, samsara

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 22 18:18:20 MDT 2010

> Just look at the price for this book, on amazon, pub. in 2009:
>
> What the Buddha Thought (OXFORD CENTRE FOR BUDDHIST STUDIES
> MONOGRAPHS) (Hardcover) ~ Richard Gombrich (Author)
>  List Price: $95.00
> Price: $79.22 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver
> Shipping.

Here's a link to the paperback version
http://tinyurl.com/2fmrc99

which is $21.33, so cheap you'll have to find something else to buy along
with it to qualify for free postage (orders over $25).

Here's an important tip. Probably due to some collusion between amazon and
publishers, general searches often produce hits only for hardback (aka
expensive) editions. People are still surprised to discover, for instance,
that my book Buddhist Phenomenology is available in an affordable paperback
edition, since amazon usually only shows the hardback edition priced in the
range that would even give D. Trump pause. The trick is:

when searching by title, if only a hardback edition appears, type the title
and include the word "paperback". Voila, an affordable Gombrich will
suddenly be available.

Dan