[Buddha-l] Funny picture (buddhist related)

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Wed Aug 25 11:20:43 MDT 2010

Neat story, and the note is touching. Bet they aren't allowed to
use mosquito nets either.
I should have added to my comment that if I were in one of those
monasteries
getting meditation training, even in Burma (where lots of expats
used to train), I would have been sending thought messages like
that note to the insect spirits & used some repellant salve as
well.
Joanna

__________

Once, during a dharma talk I spotted a bottle of insecticide
spray sitting on the bench next to master Shin of the American
Zen College in Germantown, MD labeled "Real Kill". I asked how
"real kill" agreed with ahimsa and master Shin laughed a lot.
Then next day, as a member of the same group reported, when Shin
was talking before Korean speaking congregation, he held the
"real kill" can and pointed to it and the gathering laughed. This
picture reminded me of that.

Andre Zuban

http://cleveridiot.tumblr.com/post/992865451/note-at-a-buddhist-m