[Buddha-l] Oops--Article is from NY Times

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Aug 28 07:56:16 MDT 2010

On Aug 28, 2010, at 7:14, Richard Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:

> there is no place for a concept like hamartia in it's theological sense,

I routinely excoriate students for committing the grammatical sin of using "it's" as the genitive of "it". I should be more forgiving, since I have two Apple products that automatically "correct" words for me. Apple products obligingly replace "its" with "it's" every time I type that word. It drives me mad. Apple also helpfully replaced "sinless" with "aimless". That's not a bad replacement, given that sin is missing the mark, which one tends to do when one fails to aim.

Aimlessly and sinlessly yours,
Richard