[Buddha-l] Meanwhile in a small island called Singapore...

andy stroble at hawaii.edu
Tue Feb 9 00:14:34 MST 2010

On Monday 08 February 2010 15:37:24 JKirkpatrick wrote:
> Thanks to Warner for the text and the link.
>
> Amazing--anal hemorrhoids are only one part of a long list. In
> western medicine this condition only affects the anal region, far
> as I know (at least in popular lore).

So now, at long last, does Buddha-l come to its true calling:   the pain and
suffering of hemmoroids!  Could it be a coincidence that this week for the
first time in a career of teaching philosophy, I have recieved my first
hemmoroid excuse? I think not!   When it comes to attachment and "letting go",
I think we have plummed the depth of Buddhist teachings.  (Though I think
there is much more to be had).

--
James Andy Stroble, PhD
Lecturer in Philosophy