[Buddha-l] On Hemorrhoids and Sitting Meditation

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Sat Feb 13 19:04:18 MST 2010

So you seem to be saying that the heavy samurai approach at that
center insisted on holding back the bowels for too many hours,
instead of going for relief when the call came?
If not that, what?

Lance, you may believe what you want.  I've been a veggie since I
was 17, am in my fifties, and have only rarely in my life
suffered from constipation.  The extreme samurai approach to
sitting meditation that permeated that zen center had a lot to do
with the unfortunate development of hemmies.

Katherine