[Buddha-l] Non-arising

M.B. Schiekel mb.schiekel at arcor.de
Thu Feb 18 12:30:47 MST 2010

Am 18.02.2010 17:28, schrieb alx437 at charter.net:

> ... The Sanskrit for this particular Buddhist phrase is, I believe,
> anupattika-dharma-ksanti, ...

Dear Alex,

thank you for your kind reply. I can understand, that the term
anupattika-dharma (non-arising dharmas) seems to denote the 'absolute'
level of reality or nirvana, because on the 'relative' level we
experience the coming and going, and changing of all dharmas.

But then the question arises for me:
in this world of changing and suffering the qualities of patience and
forbearance can be a great help - but when I experience the peace of
nirvana, then I don't need patience and forbearance for bearing this peace.
Or is the meaning of anupattika-dharma-kshanti:
with the experience of nirvana there will arise this patience with the
world of coming and going, which can be a stable base for living a
bodhisattva life.

in metta,
bernhard

--