[Buddha-l] Non-Arising

Dee dee.kaye at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 16:38:17 MST 2010

Joanna wrote:

I'm with you on your idea of the everyday.  However,
> for non-> neuroscientists to create definitions of mind, what "it" is
> like, > simply leads to more prapanca.  More views. A mind
> metaphysics,> to be avoided.

Yes, the twenty yeaer-old tradition of neurosicience is bound to have more insight than the 2,500 year-old tradition of that brown, slanty-eyed lot over in the east. I rencently heard HH Dalia Lama proudly boast at a public convention that neurosicence has shown that babies who are treated with love and physical care by their mothers turn into happier human beings than babies who are neglected. I could have told him that when I was thriteen. Is that the best neuroscience has to offer?

respecter of the brown and slanty-eyed,
Dee