[Buddha-l] Ts'ao-ch'i or Caoxi?

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 25 22:22:02 MST 2010

Since Blofeld, Yampolsky and Luk (Lu Kuan-yu) are no longer alive, we can't
ask them to explain their choices. The only thing that would make one
pronunciation "correct" as opposed to the other is if it is the way the
locals say it. But even that needn't be definitive. Half the people in
Missouri insist it should be pronounced mu-zoo-ra, the other half say
mih-zoo-ree. User's choice.

Dan