[Buddha-l] Non-Arising

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Fri Feb 26 15:58:25 MST 2010

I shouldn't have used the term :"definition of".
JK

Op 25-2-2010 22:24, Lidewij Niezink schreef:
> Dear Joanna,
>
> Why should it be left to neuroscientists to determine the
definitions
> of mind?! Considering the crude machinery they work with and
the crude
> understanding of the mathematical models they have to interpret
i find
> personally very disturbing to have them telling us what mind is
and is
> not. I do not see any reason to take those findings and
> interpretations more seriously than everyday yada-yada or any
other
> perception/conception/observation of mind. Which does not mean
that I
> do not take them seriously, on the contrary, but definitely not

> exclusive.
>
> All the best,
> Lidewij

I couldn't agree more: the best expert on your mind is you,
because you are your mind (you're more of course, but that's
something else).
Scientist only have a model of your mind. Sometimes it can help
to cure illnesses, that's all.

erik