[Buddha-l] Conditioned Mind?

R B Basham bshmr at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 09:30:56 MDT 2010

Hayes and interested Not-Hayes,

Basham>>> Interesting read (appended) may be meaningful to some
buddha-lers. It has me reconsidering whether 'bold-ness' is the reaction
or as suggested is a pre-condition. In any case, one is confronted with
the 'dynamic' (conditioned mind??) frequently nowadays.

Hayes> The gay Chinese Canadian author Wayson Choi has a notion of what
he calls "toxic certainty," which manifests as religious extremism,
fundamentalism, particularism, patriotism, racism, xenophobia,
homophobia and so forth. ...

Possibly, an ancient (older than we are) 'Choy' (homophonous 'Choi' ?),
a Canadian-born author and professor. Online biographies lack mention of
'gay' as well as related mentions of 'toxic certainty' though. Thanks
for the diversion as failure to uncover certainty led me to resort to
'clusty.com' again (sample appended below).

Other than that, seems the same or similar 'dynamic' from differing
perspectives.

Regards to the 'alien' comments, that is how the group is listed by my
sources. How do you think that I found it? <G>

Richard Basham

**

http://clusty.com/search?v%3aproject=&v%3afile=viv_1208%4027%3a0Vdo1T&v%
3arecluster=&

All Results (100)
      Bill T. Jones (18)
      Performing (14)
      Tolerance, Religious discretion and social progress (8)
      Religious (8)

      Injected, Distorted the decisions of the Bush-Cheney
administration (7)

      Culture (5)
      Charles Bremner (4)
      Reviews (4)
      Mind (3)

      GENIUS FORUMS • View topic (3)

      Theory, Dr John Gregory (3)

      Judaism (2)
      Democratic, Blog (4)
      Lerterland, Bold, Original Thought. Terence Blanchard. Beautifully
(3)
      Drugs, Pharmacy (4)
      Discount, Buy (3)

      Revolution #51, June 18, 2006 (2)