[Buddha-l] Dharmapala

andy stroble at hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 14 15:03:44 MDT 2010

Dan,

No need to get into conspiracy theories.  I am just seeking understand why
this should be an issue now.   When I first started examing the topic some 20
years ago, there was very little material to be found, so the increase in
scholarship is welcome.  But since everything is co-dependent, I wonder if it
is not only an effort to fill a lacunae in scholarship, and the tone of some
(not all, agree on the diversity) of the pieces supports that.  Jealously?

In the Acknowledgements  an original panel at the AAR is mentioned, organized
by Jerryson and where Juergensmeyer was a commentator.  Does anyone have more
info on this panel?

--
James Andy Stroble, PhD
Lecturer in Philosophy