[Buddha-l] Was the Buddha mentally ill?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Jul 29 08:22:43 MDT 2010

On Jul 29, 2010, at 7:56, Jamie Hubbard <jhubbard at smith.edu> wrote:

> Well than, Richard, the notion of pervasive dissatisfaction and the
> complex routines required to eliminate it must get your bile flowing,
> huh?

Yes, it does. Fortunately, I hardly ever hang around Buddhists these days, so I almost never have to put up with people trying to convince me that I'm wrong in believing I'm happy. I also rarely have to put up with people trying to convince me I really do believe that things have inherent natures, and that's why I'm deeply unhappy without knowing it.