[Buddha-l] Scarcity of resources and Us v Them

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Thu Jul 29 18:39:35 MDT 2010

 Thing is, it's not the issue of how much food the world can
produce, but who and what controls its distribution and access to
it. And not just food: clothing, shelter, employment........
That's where the elites come in, no matter the country.

JK
_________________________

 On Behalf Of donna Bair-Mundy
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 4:55 PM

Aloha,
   Although I deleted the post, thinking I would not reply, I
would like to respond to the notion that scarcity of resources
perpetuates the us-versus-them dichotomy.
   If the post had said that resources are finite that would, of
course, be true.  But I cannot agree that they are scarce.
   I remember taking a course in my undergraduate days back in
the 1960s in which it was pointed out that the world (at that
time) produced enough food to feed the entire human population.
What was lacking was the political will to feed the entire human
population.