[Buddha-l] Buddhist warfare

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 31 14:23:39 MDT 2010

On 31/07/2010 20:39, JKirkpatrick wrote:

> Lance,
>
> "Note for example the current situation in Bangladesh. Certain
> types of Muslim extremist see this as a virtuous thing to do."
>
> Does this remark refer to Muslim attacks on Buddhists in
> Bangladesh, or general attacks on "unbelievers" of all types? If
> attacks on Buddhists, do you have a link to an article about
> this?

I had in mind the situation in the Chittagong hill tracts. So that is
specifically Muslim attacks on Buddhist monks. I don't have a link to an
article. Kate Crosby gave a paper partly on this subject recently, but I
don't think she has published anything yet.

Of course, East Pakistan/Bangladesh has rather a bad record for the
treatment of other non-Muslim minorities too.

Lance