[Buddha-l] Not being able to imagine annihilation [confused]

andy stroble at hawaii.edu
Thu Jun 3 05:06:14 MDT 2010

On Thursday 03 June 2010 12:57:26 am Dan Lusthaus wrote:
> >So can I be Buddhist?
>
> Svabhavically speaking? Which "I" wants to be what?
>
> Dan
Point taken.  As to our original inquirer, if he still is following this, I
would recommend the Aggivacchagotta Sutta.   If I knew which way the fire has
gone, I would probably know which I wants to be Buddhist.  But then I would be
disqualified for believing in Nirvana.  As it is, I think it is a palm stump.
We have quite a few of those in Hawaii.

--
James Andy Stroble, PhD
Lecturer in Philosophy