[Buddha-l] Process self - was Being unable to imagine dying [confused]

Randall Jones randall.bernard.jones at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 14:35:06 MDT 2010

Dan, can you point me toward this "process self" work you mention?
I'm interested.

I was quite taken by Derek Parfit when I took a seminar with him
years ago and suppose you could call his work "process self". I
rather thought he was a Buddhist too, but you never know. I was
pleased to find Reasons and Persons in my storage unit when I
returned to the U.S. earlier this year and might even read him again.

More recently, I've started reading Charles Hartshorne and John Cobb
(and other "process theology" folks, and while I never for a minute
have thought they were Buddhist, there does seem to me to be a
certain harmony. 9I UST A

Thanks.

Randall