[Buddha-l] Ethical Dilemmas

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 12 01:46:37 MDT 2010

Op 12-06-10 06:39, Joy Vriens schreef:
> If I were a minority I would be VERY afraid to live in today's Europe
>> (obviously half a century ago was even worse -- perhaps we are getting a
>> glimpse into why that is the case). One of my professors, Bibhuti Yadav,
>> used to say Buddhism has no ethics. Despite all the bluster about "Buddhist
>> Ethics" these days, the last few days have started to convince me that
>> Yadav
>> was right. Domage.
>>

> Yes, looking at last days election results at different places in Europe, it
> doesn't look good at all.

We are sorry, Joy. There's an initiative to sell the county Limburg
where half of the population voted Wilders. If you bid 2 Euro it may be
yours. I have tried to understand the results of the voting and I think
it is caused by sloppy people management, what companies call HRM and
what in France in the 19th and 18th century used to be called 'la
police'. It will become worse now that it becomes clear that our
pensions will be reduced because of BP's oil spill, which causes it's
shares to drop. Shit happens.

erik