[Buddha-l] Accuracy

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Mon Jun 14 15:48:50 MDT 2010

On Jun 14, 2010, at 3:22 PM, JKirkpatrick wrote:

If I remember my classical rhetoric (which I may not) Aristotle
himself inveighed against it in some of his carryings on.

> However, ad hominem
> arguments and statements are a universal human practice

Jim Peavler
jmp at peavler.org

"Be good. Be just."  John Adams

It seems to me that since Obama got elected, ad hominem orating
has taken
on a more fulsome turn among the pols of left and right, but
especially right,
since before or even during Bush Jr. The new turn seems to have
started with
the advent of the sainted R. Limbaugh and others of that ilk.

Joanna K.