No subject

Wed Jun 30 17:38:44 MDT 2010

*Ngakpa Update* presents notes and news on the non-monastic ordained Tantri=
sangha: the *gos dKar lCang lo=92i sDe*, or =93white-skirt long-hair catego=
ry=94
in Tibetan.

We post brief summaries of current academic research on the history of the
tradition, and on its current manifestations in the Himalayas and elsewhere=
.
We include pointers to events and resources of interest to non-monastic
Tantrikas. Occasionally, we also post essays analyzing the state of current
understanding, and drawing out its implications.

*Ngakpa Update *is primarily intended for Western ngakpas and ngakmas, and
for those potentially interested in taking ordination in this lineage. We
find current academic research relevant to Western Tantric practice. We hop=
to make that research more available to practitioners, and perhaps to serve
as a bridge between the academic and practice communities.

We also welcome the involvement of academics, and of practitioners raised i=
Himalayan communities. We=92d particularly appreciate corrections and point=
ers
to resources of interest, via public web site comments or our contact
form<http://ngakpa-update.org/contact>
.
The site authors would very much appreciate any comments and contributions.

best regards,

'=F6-Dzin

--=20
'=F6-Dzin Tridral | tridral at gmail.com | http://twitter.com/tridral
Achos pan ddaw y Pedwar Marchog i ofyn a roist ti o dy gyfan - fydd gen ti
ddim esgus - Meinir Gwilym

*Relaxing into Meditation* | http://bit.ly/nrprim | http://bit.ly/nrprimlul=

http://amzn.to/nrprimzus | http://amzn.to/nrprimzuk