[Buddha-l] Taoism and Lotus Sutra

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu May 6 10:24:04 MDT 2010

On May 6, 2010, at 9:59 AM, Jim Peavler wrote:

> It's not nice to say naughty things about museum tour guides.

I hope everyone understood that my remark was not about ALL museum tour guides, but specifically about French museum tour guides. There is all the difference in the world between a tour guide at, say, Le Musée Guimet and a tour guide at the Albuquerque Museum of Natural History and Science. The former might talk about the influence of the Lotus Sutra on Daoist art, while the latter might talk about the subtle differences in the dentation of a coyote and a wolf. In short, the former would talk about useless and frivolous things, while the latter would talk about things of great importance (to a prairie dog, at least).

Richard