[Buddha-l] Batchelor

Alberto Todeschini alberto.tod at gmail.com
Mon May 17 13:44:25 MDT 2010

JKirkpatrick wrote:

> Batchelor ... says that most atheists today should instead say they are
> "anti-theists," since they spend a lot of time and money ranting
> against religions of any stripe.

Is this what he really says? I suspect that the vast majority of
atheists spend no money and very little time ranting against religion.

There are millions of atheists in Europe, North America, etc. Surely
there would be a heck of a racket if they did what you claim Batchelor
says they do.

Incidentally, there have been calls from people like Dawkins for
atheists to come out of the closet, precisely because they are well-nigh
invisible in e.g. politics.

Regards,

Alberto Todeschini